Friday, September 30, 2011

Vintage Earring Holder

Pin It

The other day I was trying to sort through all of my earrings.  When I finished finding the different pairs and deciding which ones I'd actually like to keep, I had nowhere to put them other than in a ziplock bag.  I decided right then and there that I was going to make something to organize my earrings.  I've had plenty of jewelry boxes in my day, but my earrings still didn't seem that organized in them.  I had seen some framed jewelry holders floating around the internet.  This one was my inspiration.  I loved the look of the lace. 

I kept my eye out for an oval frame....but I couldn't find any that were a very good price.  I headed to DI and found a long and skinny frame that I thought would work and it was only $3 (I actually ended up liking better than the oval frame look).  I had purchased some lace at Hobby Lobby.  The lace was 50% off so the two rolls cost me a total of $2.50.  I have lots of lace left over and look forward to using it for some other projects.  I just love lace!  Next I got some Ivory spray paint at Walmart for $3.50.  So that brings my total cost to $9, but I have plenty of lace and spray paint left over that I'll be able to use for other projects.

This is what the frame looked like to begin with.
 I spray painted the frame and then antiqued it a bit.
 Then I simply attached my lace.  I used hot glue because that's what I had, but if you have a staple gun, I'm sure that would be more secure.  The hot glue seems to be holding up just fine so far though.
 I hung it up on the wall and hung my earrings and it was done.  Such an easy, quick craft!

15 comments:

  1. Awesome! I love it. And I actually like yours better than the oval one too! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just sooo cute. Great idea to use lace. I like that new twist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the off white and using the lace is a brilliant idea. Love these you need to post them to upcycled Awesome this week! http://tinyurl.com/upcycled67

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like this, it is easy, sassy and in expensive with a great look

    ReplyDelete
  5. why not add some cup hooks along the sides and bottom to hang necklaces and bracelets..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing this awesome and crafty idea. You made my day I have some frames I was going to discard now I have a home them as well as my earrings and necklaces. Happy holidays.
    Cb.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have tons of hand-made earrings and this idea was perfect for me. I found an $8 frame and inexpensive ribbon at Michaels and used a staple gun to staple the ribbon to the frame. I love the way it turned out! Thanks so much for the idea. Now I need to make one for my many, many hand-made necklaces. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this idea, a new project soon. X

    ReplyDelete
  9. you could also use fine chain

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome. I have a major problem displaying my earrings. This is just a fantastic idea. Going to make one right away

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is genius! I am neither crafty or creative. This is a wonderful inexpensive way to organize my ear rings. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing interesting blog about Quartz Necklace

    ReplyDelete