Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Dr. Seuss Cookies

Pin It I have been craving sugar cookies lately....so I decided since today is Dr. Seuss day, that I should make some Dr. Seuss themed sugar cookies :)  I didn't have a ton of time to make them, so they aren't the prettiest, but here they are - a green egg, Gat in the hat's hat and Thing 1 and Thing 2.


The green yolk on the cookies is colored white chocolate.  Here's the recipe for the cookies and frosting.

Sour Cream Sugar Cookies
2 cups sugar
1 cup butter or margarine
1 cup sour cream
3 eggs

1 tsp. Vanilla
1 TBSP soda
4 tsp. Baking powder
6 -7 cups flour

Cream together sugar, butter, and sour cream.  Beat in eggs.  Add vanilla.  Mix in soda, baking
powder, and flour until dough is just able to be rolled out.  Roll dough out to 1/4 inch thickness.
Use desired cookie cutter shapes.  Bake at 350 for 7 minutes.

Frosting
2 cups powdered sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup margarine, softened
2 or so tsp milk

Mix well.  Add less milk for thicker frosting.  Add more milk for a thinner glaze.

1 comment:

  1. So I just discovered your blog and I think you're amazing! I thought you were smart in 5th grade but now I know you're just plain brilliant. LOVE the sweater re-dos!

    ReplyDelete