Monday, December 20, 2010

Peppermints on a stick

Pin It I saw some little styrofoam peppermints at Robert's Craft the other day and thought I could definitely make some of my own.  They were cheap and super easy and make a fun little Christmas decoration.

Here's what you need:
Styrofoam Circles - 2/$1.00 at the Dollar Tree
Wooden Dowels - Pack of 10 is $1.50 at Robert's Craft
Colored foam or paper - on hand
Hot glue fun - on hand
Gold fabric - on hand

Here's what I did:

I took the wooden dowels and pushed them through the center of my styrofoam circles.  Be careful, it's easy to make a hole with the dowel - if it's a small enough one you might be able to cover it with your foam.  You only need the dowel in an inch or two.
 Then make a stencil with the shape you are wanting to use.  Cut out your foam and hot glue them in place.
 I then used my fourth styrofoam circle as my base.  I covered it with some gold fabric and wallah!
 I put a little basket with candy next to it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment